The school climate
We all have memories of the time when we were students; the security we felt (or not) in the school environment, the impact of interactions with different teachers (authoritarian or democratic), the moments when we developed new relationships of friendship and sympathy (or, on the contrary, antipathy). All these refer to the psycho-social environment in which students and school staff work. The school climate does not refer to the experience of a single person, but to that set of behavioral values that govern the general attitude of the actors involved in the educational process.
The school climate of “Don Orione” High School is built on:
- ensuring the safety and physical integrity of children and young people studying in our institution;
- consolidating and maintaining positive social interactions, based on respect and discipline;
- approaching a democratic didactic method, focused on the needs of children.
The management of “Don Orione” High School invites you to explore the school climate in order to know the characteristics and quality of school life developed within our institution!
The teaching of St. Louis Orione is of particular importance, because it aims at the complete formation of the person, through Christian principles ( the good, the beautiful and the truth) that, in our institution become educational standarts, inner motivations and the ultimate goal of education. We want and must educate, undoubtedly, the soul and mind of young people in the Orionine spirit:
- to educate them for a serene life, in word and deed, by being ourselves what we want to convey;
- to guide them to a practical life based on truth, beautiful and good;
- to form them for a balanced life, in union with God, a life of prayer and love.
All educational actors (teachers, parents and students) make this scool community exist and function by:
- adopting a behaviour based on discipline and respect;
- open and immediate communication of the problems and difficulties encountered;
- identifying, through intervention teams, effective problem-solving strategies;
- assuming individual and common
Being aware that the tasks of the Orionine school include syntheses between culture and faith and between faith and life, our school will provide an environment based on true Christian and civil education, as well as a solid education derived from faith.
The concept of well-being in the school environment of “Don Orione” High School refers to:
- The physical space defined as welcoming and ensuring the feeling of security
- Social relationships that encourage positive communication and interactions among students, teachers, family and community
- The affective climate that supports a positive self-esteem of students and the feeling of belonging to our institution
- Academic support that generates learning and school performance.
The state of well-being in school makes the difference between a “fading” school and a “flourishing” one!
Ioana Drugaș, LDO school psychologist
The characteristics of the generations of children and young people we are raising now urge us to pay more attention to our physical and mental health, continuously seeking to improve their quality of life.
Recreation includes activities, events, experiences that are meant to:
- increase the intensity of positive emotions and thoughts,
- develop creativity and imagination,
- facilitate the emergence of “own initiative”, the desire to get involved voluntarily in a task,
- increase the motivation for commitment and responsibility.
Noticing the enthusiasm of children and young people for outdoor activities, “Don Orione” High School systematically carries out recreational activities in order to pursue their harmonious development.